Xerver Free Web Server 4.32
Xerver Free Web Server is a tiny fast web server allowing you to run CGI scripts on your computer. Xerver also includes an FTP server. Xerver is GNU GPL open source software and contains many advanced features. A brief feature list: Run scripts (Perl, PHP etc.), create aliases (virtual directories), allow/deny directory listing, create your own error pages ("404 Not Found"), allow/deny CGI-scripts, password protected folders, choose your own index file extensions, share/unshare hidden files or files with certain file extensions, share unlimited folders etc. Xerver is a tiny, fast and free Web server, but is still advanced and supports HTTP/0.9, HTTP/1.0, HTTP/1.1 and all HTTP methods (GET, POST and HEAD).
Features of Xerver Free Web Server:
- A complete FTP server is included.
- HTTP/0.9, HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1 supported.
- All HTTP methods supported (GET, POST and HEAD).
- Advanced logging.
- Create aliases (virtual directories).
- Create password protected folders. (Create users and choose which folder(s) each user shall have access to).
- Run CGI-scripts (run your own scripts on your hard drive). Among other script types, Perl and PHP scripts can be run.
- Allow/deny directory listing.
- Choose which port Xerver shall use.
- Use your own error pages (for example "404 Not Found").
- Choose which files shall be considered index-files.
- Run Xerver as a background process.
- Remote administration available.