The WampServer application was designed to be a Windows web development environment. It allows you to create web applications with Apache, PHP and the MySQL database. It also comes with PHPMyAdmin and SQLiteManager to easily manage your databases.
WampServer installs automatically (installer), and its usage is very intuitive. You will be able to tune your server without even touching the setting files. WampServer is the only packaged solution that will allow you to reproduce your production server. Once WampServer is installed, you have the possibility to add as many Apache, MySQL and PHP releases as you want. WampServer also has a trayicon to manage your server and its settings.
WampServer allows you to install almost all the existing releases of Apache, PHP and MySQL so you can reproduce exactly the settings of your production server.
WampServer is packed with:
What's New in This Release WampServer:
- now using 5.3.0
- PECL packages are not included anymore (not available on the PHP website)
- now using MySQL 5.1.36
- now using phpMyAdmin 188.8.131.52
- SQLiteManager is not included anymore, not compatible with PHP 5.3.0
- minor bug corrected in the php.ini file
- the PHP log file has been desactivated since it creates a bug with the phpinfo() function