Advanced features in Version 5.5.1 TotalEdit:
- Powerful Search Tools enable quick searches for a specific piece of text or search multiple files and folders and list the results. Use Find In Files to search for text within the file system. Fully customizable, options are available to use regular expressions, search subfolders, match case and much more.
- Supports Internationalization with Unicode files. You can edit UTF-16 Unicode files and then save to UTF-8 or vice versa. This is completely seamless; TotalEdit has advanced file detection to automatically identify the type of the file being loaded.
- Hex Editor, allows you to 'go low level' and edit files in hexadecimal, hex and decimal search and 'goto' features are available to navigate files opened with the Hex Editor.
Code Compare: to identify where changes have been made between files. Quickly identify bugs and missed changes.
- File System Explorer, with automatic update. Navigate the file system and desktop without leaving the editor. New files and folders automatically appear.
- The Code Backup feature keeps a total history of your saved files, allowing you to recover any earlier version. Completely configurable; change the location of the backups, compare backup versions in 'Code Compare' and select how many backups you want to keep.
Key Features of TotalEdit:
- Document tab selectors (configurable, moveable)
- Spell Checker (English US, CA, and GB)
- Comprehensive HTML Tidy Integration
- HTML Clean and Repair
- XHTML Clean and Repair
- File comparison
- Hex editor
- Keyboard Macros
- File Explorer
- Unicode support (UTF-8, UTF-16 LE and BE)
- Auto file detection (Unix, Max, PC and UTF-8, UTF-16)
- XML Well Formed Check
- XML Pretty Print
- Function List
- Auto Backup (ability to compare versions)
- Choose your look and feel e.g. windows 2000, office 2003, Whidbey etc.
- Whidbey docking helpers
- Code folding
- Find in files
- Syntax coloured print preview
- Regular expression search
- Tab markers
- Word wrap, Column Selection
- External Tools (including output capture)
- Embedded web browser
- Templates/Code Explorer
- Pentium III 6Mbyte free disk space
What's New in This Release TotalEdit:
- Bug fix: The auto-complete popup was positioning itself over the current line
- Bug fix: Save-As dialog, the selected file filter would be appended to the file name even if one had been manually applied
- Bug fix: Pressing the Esc button when renaming a file in the project explorer did not cancel the operation
- Bug fix: Windows Explorer context menu item did not work on 64 bit Windows