DownloadX ActiveX Download Control is an ActiveX control used to download files from the Internet/Intranet. It can be used with any modern programming language (C-, VB.NET, C++, VB, Delphi, ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, Java) and containers that support ActiveX controls. The DownloadX control is a unique solution for downloading files from the Internet/Intranet. It supports all major network protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and Secure FTP/FTPS) and proxy servers, allowing you to simply specify files you wish to download and wait for the download to complete. To speed up the downloading process, DownloadX will split each file into several segments and download each file segment in a separate thread at the same time. In cases when connection is lost during the download (or download is stopped by the user), with DownloadX you can resume your download right where it left off. With DownloadX you never need to worry about losing your download, whether you use wireless, dial-up or any other connection.
Features of DownloadX:
- Splits each file into several segments and downloads each file segment in a separate thread at the same time to get faster download speed.
- Resumes downloads right where they left off in cases when connection is lost or download is stopped by user. With this feature you never need to worry about losing your download, whether you use wireless, dial-up or any other connection.
- HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and Secure FTP/FTPS (implicit and explicit) network protocols support.
- Unlimited number of files to be downloaded in a single session.
- Unlimited individual file size (up to 243 MB).
- Unlimited number of files to be downloaded at the same time.
- Separate method to get file size and last modified date from the server for the specified URL.
- Proxy support for HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and Secure FTP/FTPS network protocols. 2 proxy methods for HTTP and HTTPS and 8 proxy methods for FTP and Secure FTP/FTPS.
- 12 customizable and sortable columns (indicators) for each file: file name, file size, downloaded size, downloaded percent, time elapsed, remaining size, remaining percent, remaining time, rate, URL path only, URL and number of file segments.
- Adjust visual appearance: change font characteristics, set foreground and background colors and specify progress bar height, visibility and top margin.
- Fires events for your application to handle.
- Component file size (.cab file) is only 88 KB.