They compress multiple files into one big minified and gzip compressed request in the page's header section. It will also set a far future expire date header so to remain in the browser cache for a long time.
MoxieCompressor will dramatically improve site performance since the download size will reduced by 50-75% and it'll also reduce the number of requests needed to load the pages.
An example is included with the downloadable package to help deelopers set up their own minifying factories.
Key Features of MoxieCompressor:
- Server diskcache. Reduces CPU load on server.
- Basic minification. Remove comments and whitespace.
- Gzip compression. Will check accept headers etc.
- Far future expiration date. Places files in long time client cache.
- IE Patch. Fixes an bug with gzip compression on some older IE versions.
- Auto convert URLs for CSS relative URLs like background images.
What's New in This Release in MoxieCompressor:
- Added CSS compression support.
More popular Compression
- 6.8 KB
- 04/15/2008 13:42:02
- 7.5 KB
- 01/16/2008 08:45:54
- 636 Bytes
- 04/15/2008 13:42:34
- 106 Bytes
- 04/15/2008 13:51:10
- 610 Bytes
- 04/15/2008 13:48:28
- 5.5 KB
- 04/15/2008 13:50:20
- 383 Bytes
- 04/15/2008 13:47:22
- 3.9 KB
- 01/16/2008 09:46:00
- 482 Bytes
- 01/17/2008 12:57:30
- 93.1 KB
- 01/17/2008 13:06:48
- 3.9 KB
- 01/17/2008 10:51:10