Mollom for PHP 1.1.3
Mollom for PHP provides ways to protect website content and website forms from spam on the web.
Usage of Mollom for PHP:
- Download package.
- Unzip package.
- Install package following the instructions in the readme file.
- Create account on Mollom.
- Activate website key on Mollom.
Key Features of Mollom for PHP:
- Get rid of spam - Mollom helps keep a website clean and on topic by automatically blocking comment form spam, contact form spam and fake user accounts. We use a novel filtering technique based on the combination of content analysis and CAPTCHA challenges.
- Strength in numbers - Mollom learns from all participating sites. If an unwanted message finds its way through the website, the user can report it. This allows Mollom to learn from its mistakes, making our spam filters constantly better.
- Higher quality websites - Mollom can automatically evaluate the quality of the content to help identify profanity, low-quality or generally unwanted material.
- Moderation made easier - Mollom can drastically reduce the effort required to moderate your site’s content by separating the wheat from the chaff. This allows to focus on building a website or providing content, instead of having to deal with garbage and abuse.
- Human content only, please! - Spambots are everywhere and many of their actions, such as automatic account or comment creation, can't be detected by text analysis techniques. Mollom's one-two punch backs up content analysis with a CAPTCHA challenge service.
- More secure - Mollom clients use both a public and a private key to authenticate with the Mollom servers. This is more secure than a single access key and helps defend an account's internal reputation.
- Increase website traffic and user participation - A high-quality website will typically attract more visitors and more spirited user participation. By using Mollom, a site can grow faster while keeping moderation tasks manageable.
- Accessibility - In the rare instance that Mollom decides to challenge a contribution, we provide both image and audio CAPTCHAs to maintain site accessibility for the visually impaired.
- Improve your search engine ranking - Higher quality sites that stay on topic receive higher search engine rankings.
- Increase advertising revenue - Advertisers prefer to advertise on websites with high quality content and better search engine rankings. Mollom can help keep a site clean.
More popular Validation
- 23.5 KB
- 12/16/2008 04:00:44