JPM Article Script 6.3beta
JPM Article or Article Content Manager is a light-weight article script. You can use the script to publish news, stories, or articles of your choice.
Features of JPM Article Script:
- Template powered
- Language file
- One CSS file
- WYSIWYG Administrator Editor
- Paste video URLs into editor and converts to videos (youtube.com videos only)
- Ajax rating
- Admin section
- Ranking system
- Share system
- Search function
- PHP 4/5 and MySQL database
1) Upload all files to your server
2) Create a MySQL database if it does not exist. Use a database management tool from your hosting account.
3) Create the database tables by running the SQL found in SQL.txt or SQLold.txt for older MySQL versions. Use a database management tool from your hosting account.
4) Open 'jpma-config.php' and edit variables to reflect your required settings. For example, the database name, username, and password.
5) Edit template files in the template directory and change all URLs to reflect your sites URL.
6) Use the CSS file in the includes directory to change the design of the script.
7) Setting up the WYSIWYG editor. To enable image uploading you will need to chmod the upload directory to 777. The location of this directory is 'wysiwyg/addons/upload'. One other variable needs to be set in the "config.inc.php" file located in 'wysiwyg/addons/imagelibrary'. The "$dirscriptin" variable should be set to empty if you did not upload the script to its own directory.
8) To admin, go here: index.php?signin=true or click "Admin" at the bottom of the scripts page. You set the username / password in the config file.